Your home’s roof may not be as eye-catching as the exterior wall paint or siding, but it’s possibly the most important part of the home. It’s the first line of defense against the elements. And, if you live in Florida, you have severe weather from time to time to contend with. That’s why you need to find a roofing company who can inspect and repair your roof on an annual basis, to make sure your family is kept safe and dry despite whatever the weather gods throw at you. Since word of mouth is the best form of advertising, start by asking your friends and neighbors for recommendations, but check multiple sources when choosing a professional to handle your Tampa roofing.
What are the Benchmarks of a Good Company?
- Recommendations are good, but they only go so far. You need to thoroughly research the company you are hiring to keep your home safe. Check the websites for various companies in the area, and read the testimonials, but don’t stop there. Also check independent sites like Angie’s List or Home Pro for an unbiased view of the company.
- Make sure the company is licensed, bonded, and insured.
- The company should be adept in working on any type of roof structure from asphalt shingles to tile or cedar shakes.
- You want to work with a company who is locally owned and operated and who has been in business for a number of years.
- The company should offer free estimates and a warranty on any work they do.
- They should use only the best brands, should be a preferred contractor to these brands, and should be able to offer financing.
- The company should have an emergency service available on a 24/7 basis and should be able to help with insurance claims to minimize your out of pocket expense.
- Any type of damage should be quickly assessed, whether it’s from wind or hail, or a combination, and either fixed immediately or protected until the repairs can be made.
- They should be members of professional organizations, such as the Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC), be a member in good standing at the local Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the local Chamber of Commerce.
- The company should offer a maintenance program which allows for an annual inspection and a discount on any repair work.
These are some considerations you should have when selecting a company to handle your Tampa roofing.